Okay, so i know i was planning to have this as just a "road to college" thing but can i just for one second say how much i hate discussing politics with my father? i absolutely hate it. Nevermind the fact that we were watching FoxNews, but seriously he just gets something in his mind and he just is set in that belief for...forever, actually.
It's not necessarily fair to take it all out on my dad, actually. i'm just so angry about this book we have to read for AP Psych. First, it was written in 1953. Second, did you know women were responsible for being the "reassuring" one during sex? I certainly didn't. And to top it all off, homosexuality is a "deviance" and those who lead a homosexual lifestyle can never have a complete life because they are equivalent to certain heterosexuals who are actually incapable of loving. I get that it's a different perspective, but really? I don't have high hopes for the topics of discussion in class bc i know the teacher (through church, actually) and i'm thinking it's probably along the same mindset. lovely.
In other news, I finished my NYU supplement application this afternoon.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Fox news! No wonder you feel like yelling.
Hopefully that 1953 book is *supposed* to make you mad. Psychology in the 50's made it abnormal to be anything other than a middle-class white male. (Now we know the opposite is true!! Half-kidding!)
Post a Comment